Saturday, April 19, 2008

When did your prayer life come alive?

Years ago I couldn't find the handle to what makes a church wake up. I worked, preached and visited, but nothing took hold. I was a new preacher fresh out of school. I had lots of recipes for church growth, yet I couldn't stir the old congregation to life.

But one day I came across The Power of Prayer by R.A. Torrey. It changed everything and sent me back into the Scriptures to discover the fascinating world of prayer within the Bible (and other books as well).

Then I heard Albert Lemmons teach a prayer seminar. I sat amazed that one of our own (within the Restoration Movement) had majored in this life of prayer. I was hooked.

So, what hooked you? Give us some favorite resources that made your prayer life come alive...

No comments: